New product: Dye-sublimation Photobook Printer『e-WaCube』 in ＰＩＥ2008
We would like to announce that we, Shinko MechatroTech will exhibit our new product, Dye-sublimation Photo Album Printer named as “e-WaCube” at the Photo Imaging Expo (PIE) 2008 to be held at Tokyo Big Sight during March 19 – 22, 2008.
The printer “e-WaCube” is developed for the industry of minilabs and photo kiosks.
“e-WaCube” is the world’s first machine which realizes “The automatic album creating functionality”. It has a capability to create the prints for the binder type of albums, as well as a capability to print variety sizes of photos in a single machine. Thanks to this function, albums with both sides printing can be made automatically.
<Main features of the printer>
1. “e-WaCube” has a capability to print variety sizes of photos from service size to panoramic size, and to create albums only by exclusive Media set of 6” width roll paper and ink ribbon.
2. Unlike other dye-sublimation printers in general which print with cyan (C), magenta (M) and yellow (Y), e-WaCube has added black (K) and by this solution the depth and vividness of color is enhanceda lot.
3. The printer supports the following photo sizes and album sizes.
□Printable photo size:
3.5 x 5”, 4 x 6”, 5 x 7”, 6 x 6”, 6 x 8”, 6 x 9”, 6 x 12”, 6 x 24”, 6 x 36”
□Printable album size:
4 x 6”, 6 x 6”, 6 x 9”, 6 x 12”
4. Printing time is as follows:
6x6" 40 pages - about 5 min
4x6" - about 2 sec., 6x9" - about 5 sec.
5. Thanks to the 5 tandem print heads (CMYK+OP) equipped on the printer, the printing time is much faster than that of the machine which has only one print head.
6. Album printing will be made as per the following automatic procedures in the printer.
- Print photos
- Put glues on the back side of Printed photos
- Fold it in half
- Punch a hole on the one side of Printed photos
7. With adoption of the water-cooled thermal head equipped on the printer, the waiting time for continuous print is improved.
“e-WaCube” has been jointly developed with Alps Electric Co., Ltd., DigiCube Co., Ltd. (Korea) and us. We are planning to start the mass production in the Q4 2008 and to exhibit the mass production model which covers the Photobook type of album at Photokina to be held at Köln Germany in September 2008.
Wishing you for coming our Booth and check the “e-WaCube”